Ditch the pricey brush shampoo, and opt for a more cost-effective and natural brush cleanser! This Makeup Brush Cleanser recipe from dōTERRA is super simple and only requires three ingredients.
What You Will Need
- 2 Tablespoons Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 5 drops Melaleuca Essential Oil
- 5 drops Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Add Fractionated Coconut Oil and essential oils into a small bowl.
- Swirl your brush in the Fractionated Coconut Oil for 30 seconds, or until you see the makeup stored in your brush start to come out.
- Rub in a circular motion on the palm of hand to help get the makeup out.
- Rinse the brush under warm water. Gently squeeze brush bristles until clean, and the water runs clear. Please note: Make sure to point the bristles down when running under water. Direct water contact may loosen the glue where the bristles are attach and shorten the life of your brushes.
- Let your newly cleaned makeup brushes dry on a towel for 4 hours, or until dry. Repeat once a month, or as needed.